I try to share life lessons…..transcendent things…..prompts for deeper thinking….ways to live your best life….etc because I really love helping others (people I know and love and people I am beginning to know and total strangers) connect with their best self. I have been sharing lots of those ideas with our preschool staff via a google group.
Things like this:
What does grace and safety look like in your environment….? “Most people know an environment of grace when they see it. They simply point to the results: people feel safe, they grow up, they trust each other, they live authentically, they celebrate each other, they laugh a lot, they produce better.”…and more from THIS blog.
On how leaders use influence and power. “Leaders must strike a balance. “The sole purpose of power,” as the great 17th century Jesuit philosopher Baltasar Gracián wrote, “is to do good.” That is as an effective approach because it gets to the nature of what leaders must do: achieve positive results for the organization.” …..and more from THIS blog. (I really dig the Harvard Business Review Blog!)
BUT TODAY……I feel like sharing random things……maybe that’s my creative brain taking a break from extended focus!
1. Feeling of share contentment when the photo of a newborn pops up on my iphone!
2. Organizing drawers and cabinets make me happy
3. Looking at art work of when my children were little warms my heart.
4. Listening…..just listening….to a stressed out loved one just pour it all out makes me feel like I am doing something important without me “doing” anything. (I am the silence on the other end of the phone)
5. Dreaming about a scrapbook layout using bakers red and white string inspired me! That twine has inspired me since we went to visit the Cake Boss’s bakery in New Jersey and saw them use that red and white bakers string liberally. Yeah…random, I know. I warned you.
6. Discovering a new healthy treat. Mixed thawed cherries with Danonino vanilla yogurt (this yogurt is so creamy and delicious)
7. Feeling like I’m being productive, when I am really procrastinating cleaning and organizing the REST of the drawers and cabinets by blogging!
Ok, ok…..I’m going back to work. Enjoy your week. Be transcendent…..or be random. It’s all good!
Filed under: Uncategorized |