There is a flurry of activity in the holiday season. I so appreciated the moment to stop and consider how God has been faithful this year. It has been a tough economic year but I loved receiving my giving statement and a personal letter from pastor and the stewardship team at Concordia! It gave me an opportunity to see God’s provision!
I loved the end of year encouragement to reflect and give thanks … AND create a plan!
Thought this was great:
1. Do NOT go into debt for Christmas. Make a year end plan today that will save you from spending yourself into debt.
2. Pay something off today. Make a payment on a credit card or bill that will pay it off or put a dent into the lump sum.
3. Spend a few minutes after you’ve read this letter to ask God to give you direction on who needs a blessing in their life and how you can bless them.
4. Automate some savings. Go into your online banking and set-up an automatic withdrawl of a percentage of your income to your savings account.
5. Stop right now and name 5 things that you are thankful that God has provided for you and your family.
6. Re-quote your insurance. The average person who re-quotes their insurance receives a $500-700 savings per year. Look at netquote.com as a great website to use.
7. Ask God how He wants you to be obedient in your generosity through the end of the year.
Later in the letter it lists the things that God has done at Concordia over the last year and half through and with us!
- 25 people have been baptized!
- 294 people attended worship services on Easter weekend 2011
- We have first guests EVERY Sunday except one!
- 750 people attended the Living Nativity last year
- Over 2,000 people attended the Easter Eggstravaganza.
- Over 100 car packages were packed for the military.
Yes, its good to stop and reflect….stop and give thanks….stop and plan….stop and SEE WHAT GOD HAS DONE! This made my day.
Filed under: Uncategorized |